I’m sitting at Agent Reboot Toronto, “plugging in to the future of Real Estate” and listening to Chris Smith, Chief Evangelist at Inman News (@inmannext). He’s talking about how times are changing (no surprise here).
Inman asked REALTORS® all over North America what will have the most impact on your compensation/income?
Most people said their income would be dictated by the market. However, the market should dictate your strategy not your income.
Perhaps technology and the web should be included in your strategy…
The faith and belief that technologies make people money has gone down since 2006. How can that be? Here’s a fun fact for you: Americans spent 41.1 million minutes on Facebook in August of 2010, compared with 39.8 million spent on Google. So, perhaps some of that faith should be re-kindled.
Here are some apps that are changing the world:
- Localmind – This is what you call Location 2.0. Ask questions with people on locations in real time. For example, “How busy is Starbucks?”
- iMovie – A favourite of mine. Easy video editing for $4.00.
- Houzz – The wikipedia for Interior Design.
- Zite – Content marketing.
Thanks for the great tips Chris!
I’ll be live blogging all day from this fantastic conference.
– Georgia Sapounas, Community Manager