Having completed the pre-registration segment, having registered with RECO, and having lined up a buyer or seller, do you now wonder “What do I do next?” Are you prepared to represent the buyer or seller?
Although OREA Real Estate College incorporates real-world examples of trading in real estate in classroom, correspondence, and online instruction, the real world with real clients may still feel foreign for some of you, especially if you do not have much experience. If such is the case, you may want to consider enrolling in Being Prepared to Represent the Buyer or Seller, an online continuing education course offered by OREA Real Estate College.
There are several things to take into account when representing a buyer or seller, such as what needs to be considered when establishing a sale price for a seller client, what questions to ask when scoping a neighbourhood, why knowing about developments and demolitions is important, and what amenities should be considered.
What else should you know when preparing to represent a buyer or seller client?
• the land registration systems in Ontario
• the boundaries and maintenance obligations with your client’s property
• issues relating to the property line, fences, trees, and branches
• the 12 questions your client may ask so you can better determine the market value of the area in which your client is interested
• the proper way to research a neighborhood (e.g., by walking it at different times, speaking to the neighbours)
• when to refer clients to the appropriate professional (e.g., mortgage brokers, lawyers, planners, financial advisers, home inspectors) to be better able to serve them
‘Click and Pick’ Extended
The College has extended the ‘Click and Pick’ promotion on continuing education courses to May 31, 2014. As before, students and members can take as many courses as they want for $15 + HST (per order). Students will have access to courses until July 31, 2015. Please note: returning customers to this offer will be charged $15 per order.
For more information, go to http://bit.ly/14eFqPo.