Like most professions, the more education sessions and seminars you attend the more knowledgeable you become about your career and the landscape around it. REALTORS® have the opportunity to attend a multitude of conferences that are offered by their associations, their brokerages and their areas of interest.
Every year OREA holds the Leadership Conference and Annual General Meeting giving us the opportunity to come together and hear speakers on a variety of topics. This year the OREA Young Professionals Network (YPN) is putting together a forum that is designed to offer the chance to hear from fellow REALTORS® that have interesting and new ideas for growing your business and increasing your reach.
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider attending this two hour event:
1. Much like the forums at Inman, this event will consist of short presentations by speakers that will put your brain in motion with new and innovative industry tricks and tools. These forums can be described as “taking a drink from a fire hose”, you are given tons of information in just a short period of time.
2. Getting fed so much information can be overwhelming for some, but the beauty of this type of information overload is that you can sit back and pick and choose what would suit your business and your clients’ needs. No matter what type of speaker I sit and listen to, I always walk out of a conference with at least one new idea that I will take back to the office that will either help me work more efficiently or help to grow my business.
3. The speakers have already flushed out what works and what doesn’t, saving you time and money to get the most out of all of the different apps, tools and technology that pops up everyday.
4. You can network with agents from other markets, which may lead to additional information and broadening your referral network.
5. This really should be the #1 reason…. IT’S FREE! All you have to do is register for the event and you are able to attend the event and soak in all of this cutting edge information.
Jennifer Aunger, Vice-Chair, OREA YPN Committee & Guest Blogger
Leave a Reply