Jen Alvarenga’s first foray into real estate occurred when she was attending Carleton University, in Ottawa, as an international student from Honduras. Instead of buying a car with the money her father had given her, she decided to buy a condo. It was 2005 and she hasn’t looked back since. And, along the way, she was fortunate to have several mentors who guided her career.
To learn a little bit more about Jen’s first purchase and her mentors, we invite you to join to the College Alumni Program. Jen is this month’s featured alumnus.
The alumni program has a dedicated, members-only website that includes features:
• discussion boards; most recent discussion board is Share your top 3 open house tips
• links to real-estate specific media
• online members’ directory
• free audio podcasts; most recent topics include—Being Responsible for Your Success, Choosing the ‘Right’ Brokerage, and How to Build a Successful Real Estate Team
• factsheets on select topics (e.g., what to include in a listing presentation, successful negotiation tips, and top 10 reasons consumers should hire a REALTOR®)
The website also features networking events where members can reconnect with old classmates and instructors, and meet new colleagues. The next event is on May 18, 2016.
To join the Alumni Program, go to http://bit.ly/1IryRuO. Please note: you must be a graduate of OREA Real Estate College and a member of OREA to join.