Jim Datlen has always been in the ‘service’ profession.
First, it was the restaurant industry when he was still in high school; then it was the hotel industry for nearly 25 years. Today, he’s a broker for Century 21 Millennium, Brampton, the only place he’s worked since becoming registered as a salesperson in 2007.
Although Jim had been thinking of a career change for a few years, something happened that prompted him to make the move. To discover what happened to Jim that spurred him to switch professions, we invite you to join the College Alumni Program and read Jim’s profile in the featured alumni section.
The alumni program has a dedicated, members-only website that includes features:
• discussion boards; most recent discussion board is Share your top 3 open house tips
• links to real-estate specific media
• online members’ directory
• free audio podcasts; most recent topics include—Being Responsible for Your Success, Choosing the ‘Right’ Brokerage, and How to Build a Successful Real Estate Team
• factsheets on select topics (e.g., what to include in a listing presentation, successful negotiation tips, and top 10 reasons consumers should hire a REALTOR®)
The website also features networking events where members can reconnect with old classmates and instructors, and meet new colleagues. The next event is on May 18, 2016.
To join the Alumni Program, go to http://bit.ly/1IryRuO. Please note: you must be a graduate of OREA Real Estate College and a member of OREA to join.
Leave a Reply