Where can you eat, play, exercise, shop, hang out, and work?
Have I left anything out? Yes. Is this neighbourhood known for having smaller or larger homes?
Whether you are farming an area for a client or just researching, your personal knowledge on location can be critical. These tips may provide an efficient way to get the facts on a neighbourhood. Following the principal of progression and regression; find out the locations of detached, semi-detached, townhomes and condominiums or based on your requirements.
Below are 7 steps to use to help research a neighbourhood.
- Identify top 3 locations and ownership style, [rent/buy] close to schools, highways, transit etc.
- Go online and search a “map” of top 3 locations and determine distances from points of interest.
- Set a Budget.
- Consider age and style of home.
- Check online social media and review online local articles.
- Show homes in the area and get familiar with benefits and drawbacks to locations.
- Review your 3 locations and narrow down.
Please share your tips.