The Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) have created two new online tools to help stakeholders find information on municipal brownfields financial incentive programs. Until now, there has been no consolidated source for locating active municipal brownfields financial incentive programs.
MMAH has created two new web products, compiled by ministry staff with the assistance of municipalities across the province including:
• A compendium of municipal Community Improvement Plans with brownfields components, including:
• Municipal staff contacts and links to municipal websites;
• PDF copies of CIP policies, where available;
• Geographic extent of the policies;
• A high-level summary of the types of incentives offered;
• Brief descriptions to help categorize the key types of financial incentives available; and,
• A map of municipalities with approved or draft CIP’s with brownfields components.
These are the first of a number of new online resources. The Ministry plans to publish additional resources as they become available.
Read the compendium of municipal CIPs.
Visit the map of municipalities with approved or draft CIPs with brownfield components.