The government of Ontario recently launched two new web resources for brownfield development.
The first resource is a compendium of Community Improvement Plans (CIPs). Until now, there has been no consolidated source for locating active municipal brownfields financial incentive programs. The compendium includes:
- Municipal staff contacts and links to municipal websites.
- PDF copies of CIP policies, where available.
- Geographic extent of the policies.
- A high-level summary of the types of incentives offered.
- Brief descriptions to help categorize the key types of financial incentives available.
- A map of municipalities with approved or draft CIP’s with brownfields components.
The second resource is an update to the Brownfields Ontario website reflective of amendments to a Ministry of the Environment regulation (O. Reg 153/04, as amended) under the Environmental Protection Act. To view information about the amendments, visit Protecting the Environment.
Leave a Reply