On February 26th, to coincide with the introduction of Bill 69, Tax Fairness for Realtors Act, 2015, OREA launched a Call for Action (CFA) asking REALTORS® to contact their local MPP for their support on personal real estate corporations (PRECs). OREA is happy to announce that over the course of four weeks, Ontario REALTORS® sent over 6,700 emails to MPPs across the province.
OREA would like to acknowledge the following boards for their outstanding participation:
The following three boards achieved the greatest participation rate based on the percentage of their members:
- Bancroft and District Real Estate Board – 100%
- Tillsonburg District Real Estate Board – 68%
- Chatham-Kent Real Estate Board – 63%
In addition, the following three boards sent the most emails:
- Toronto Real Estate Board – 2255 emails
- Ottawa Real Estate Board – 429 emails
- Kitchener-Waterloo Association of REALTORS® – 297 emails
Thanks to the effort of OREA’s REALTOR® members, we have successfully raised the profile of our issue at Queen’s Park.
Bill 69, Tax Fairness for Realtors Act, 2015 passed first reading on February 26, 2015. Please continue for visit OREA’s blog for updates on this important issue.
Leave a Reply