At OREA’s most recent strategic planning session in March 2012 – we challenged ourselves to be bold, aware and committed.
Energized by the CREA Futures Planning exercise, we became aware of the enormous challenges of technology, consumer demands and member needs that REALTORS® face on a day-to-day basis.
Even more importantly, we knew that as your Board of Directors, we had a responsibility to respond to these challenges effectively.
Six priority areas were identified as follows:
1. Ensure that OREA delivers Value to Members
2. Promote REALTOR® Value to Consumers
3. Conduct Various Feasibility Studies
4. Maintain Strong Relations with Boards/Associations
5. Solidify the RECO-OREA Relationship
6. Advocate on behalf of our Members
As a result, we created a confident plan with forward moving ideas that has the potential of elevating our profession, delivering on member needs and supporting real estate boards. That is the notion behind our bold idea to explore – in full consultation with member boards.
We are committed to meeting today’s challenges head on so that our members, our boards and the profession of real estate will be better able to face the future.