I am very proud and honoured to once again be the OREA YPN Chair. Not only do I get the privilege of getting to know a new set of Ontario leaders sitting on our committee but I also get to watch the local boards and associations grow their networks. As a provincial association we have witnessed our local networks grow to 12 local networks and hopefully by the end of this year we’ll see that number expand to 17! If you were hoping get involved in the YPN this is your chance.
Right now we have networks in the following boards / associations:
- Toronto Real Estate Board
- Oakville-Milton District Real Estate Board
- Kitchener-Waterloo Association of REALTORS
- REALTORS Association of Hamilton-Burlington
- Sault Ste. Marie Real Estate Board
- North Bay Real Estate Board
- Timmins Real Estate Board
- Mississauga Real Estate Board
- Niagara Association of REALTORS
- Ottawa Real Estate Board
- The Lakelands Association of REALTORS®
- Chatham Real Estate Board (Launching September 24th, 2015)
As our industry moves forward and our members are seeing the landscape of the buying and selling process shift it is important for them to have a space they can turn to that makes them feel connected to and a head of the change in our industry. I am passionate that the YPN is the space for our members to gather the information and tools they need to make themselves the best they can be.
I personally learn something from the YPN members every time I’m speaking to them. The Facebook page continues to be a wonderful resource of information and discussion and I know that it will only continue to grow and flourish.
This quote by Gandhi is probably overused but it really hits home when I think about my involvement in the YPN and why I continue to be a part of it (and organized real estate as a whole):
“Be the Change you want to see in the world”.
Like our Facebook page and if you’re a member of one of these boards I urge you to support it or be a member of it. I promise you won’t regret it!
Leave a Reply