Last week OREA made a presentation to the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs and the Minister of Finance.
The submission outlines what Ontario REALTORS® want to see included in the 2015 Ontario Budget. OREA recommends:
- Ontario should stay on track to balance the budget by 2017/18;
- Reject a municipal land transfer tax as a new revenue tool for municipalities;
- Allow real estate salespeople to form person real estate corporations (PREC) by making the necessary legislative changes to the Real Estate and Business Broker Act, 2002;
- Create a province-wide registry of former marijuana grow operations and clandestine laboratories; and,
- Help encourage brownfield property redevelopment by creating a new tax category for brownfield properties that are under remediation.