Last week’s Leadership blog posed some real estate questions to get your brain working. This week we have the answers…
1) What was MLS® called starting in 1951 (yeah, I was around then, barely)?
Answer: MLS Photo Co-Op
2) What does MDMS stand for?
Answer: Moore Data Management System, an MLS vendor that started as Teela, then Moore Data, then MDMS
3) Name the first real estate board in Ontario with an Internet accessed, browser-enabled MLS® system
Answer: Bancroft (2 engineering whiz kids from Western University created the service)
4) Name the oldest real estate board in Ontario. What about in North America? This will be contentious
Answer: Ontario – Thunder Bay or maybe Windsor?? North America – Vancouver
5) What year was the prohibition order signed?
6) Name the first board in Canada to implement “phototrieve”
Answer: Oshawa and District with Moore Data….now Durham
7) At its peak, how many committees/task forces did OREA have?
8) Who was the CEO of OREA before Don Richardson?
Answer: Keith Teetzel
9) Who regulated real estate before RECO?
Answer: Ministry of Commercial and Consumer Relations. Be happy we have RECO
10) Under Robert’s Rules of Order, what does “seriatum” mean regarding handling motions?
Answer: Breaking the motion into separate components. In other words one single motion could be 3 separate motions.