It’s not polite to put words into other people’s mouths.
OREA Real Estate College prides itself in having shaped the real estate education and the real estate profession here in Ontario. But we’ll let our graduates tell you why the College is a great place to learn and how it prepares students for practising real estate in the real world. As such, the College produced several videos, currently showing on the College’s webpage, that feature REALTORS® from across Ontario discussing life at the College and life as a REALTOR®.
Starring in our 10 videos are:
- Amie Ferris, Sales Representative, Port Rowan
- Balwinder Chouhan, Broker, Etobicoke
- Brian Santos, Sales Representative, Kitchener-Waterloo
- Harwinder Sawhney, Sales Representative, Brampton
- Janet Yu, Sales Representative, Oakville
- Larry Cerqua, Broker, Toronto
- Margaret Gourlay, Broker/Owner, York Region
- Michelle Morgan, Sales Representative, Toronto
- Mike Douglas, Broker, Barrie
- Sahir Jamal, Sales Representative, Scarborough
In this week’s blog, we take a closer look at Amie Ferris.
Amie had taken courses at college and university, but nothing really appealed to her. Amie was offered a job as an administrator in the same real estate office as her mother and grandfather, who were REALTORS®, and became hooked. Four years later, Amie became a third-generation REALTOR®; she graduated from OREA Real Estate College in 2007.
Amie talks about how the instructors, practising REALTORS®, used every day and factual examples about the industry that still apply to her practice today. Amie also talks about the ‘quiet rewards’, one of her favourite things about being a REALTOR®.
To listen to Amie and our other graduates, go to www.orea.com, and click on the College’s home page.
We will feature each of the graduates in future blog posts.
Share your experiences about attending OREA Real Estate College and/or why you like being a REALTOR®.