As REALTORS® you are savvy business people who are acutely aware of your clients’ needs in Ontario’s real estate market. Who better to inform the government on trends in real estate and your communities than you?
The Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO) is currently seeking members who are interested in serving as Directors of the Council. Three Directors will be elected – one in each of the three regions of the province as established by RECO. RECO has indicated that a suggested blend of candidate attributes would include:
- demonstrated competence in strategic business and financial planning;
- familiarity with information technology related to specific RECO business activity;
- a sound understanding of the operational/financial management of a 65,000 member corporation operating on a not-for-profit basis;
- familiarity with regulatory framework in which RECO operates and with real estate industry stakeholders; and,
- an awareness of consumer needs in the real estate marketplace.
As a Director, your duties include chairing or serving on at least one committee or task force and/or attending conferences on RECO’s behalf. Typically, RECO’s Board meets about six times annually and serve three-year terms.
New to the election process this year, RECO is giving candidates the option to include a video. The videos will give candidates an opportunity to introduce themselves to voters and explain why they should be elected. RECO is the delegated administrative authority responsible for administering the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002 (REBBA 2002) and associated regulations on behalf of the Government of Ontario and protecting the public interest through a fair, safe and informed marketplace.
To submit your nomination please visit the RECO website www.reco.on.ca. Nominations close April 1, 2014.
Leave a Reply