To accommodate registrants who are unable to attend RECO’s Annual General Meeting in person, RECO will stream a live broadcast of the meeting. Visit the RECO website at www.reco.on.ca on Thursday, June 16 at 10 a.m. where you will find a link to view the formal portion of the meeting including the remarks of the Chair, President/CEO and Registrar.
The Question and Answer portion of the AGM will not be broadcast live. Instead, it will be recorded and posted on RECO’s website by June 20, 2011.
Registrants will not be able to vote or submit questions by conference call or video conferencing. However, individuals who cannot attend the AGM can e-mail their questions in advance to AGM@reco.on.ca. Please e-mail your questions by end of day, June 14. Questions submitted in advance will be read and responded to, with time permitting, by a RECO Director or staff member. Questions raised by registrants should be of general interest. Matters related to an individual, a specific situation or regulatory actions against a specific member will not be addressed at the meeting.
Information about RECO’s 14th Annual General Meeting:
Thursday, June 16, 2011
The Old Mill Inn, 21 Old Mill Road, Toronto.
Registration begins at 9:00 a.m.
Meeting begins at 10:00 a.m.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Present the annual report and report on the affairs of the Council over the past fiscal year
- Present the financial statements and the report of the auditors
- Appoint the auditors of the corporation until the close of the next annual general meeting of the corporation
- Install the newly elected directors of the corporation
- Vote on proposed changes to RECO By-Law No. 9: “It is moved that RECO By-Law No. 9, being the Election of Directors By-law of the Real Estate Council of Ontario, be amended by deleting and adding those provisions in the Synopsis of Changes mailed to members”.
Voting on agenda items will take place only at this meeting. By-law No. 11, Section 49 provides that there is no right to vote by proxy or mail-in ballots.
To be eligible to vote at this meeting, RECO members must show:
- Original certificate of registration from the Real Estate Council of Ontario; and
- One piece of photo identification.