As September slouches toward us and students ready themselves to return to school, have you considered your own career options? More importantly, have you considered real estate?
Following are six reasons why you should choose real estate if you are thinking of a career change:
1. No waiting required – part 1. You may apply to the College at any time – either online, by telephone, or in person. All you need to do is meet the following admission requirements:
Have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equipment
– OR –
Be at least 18 years old and pass the OREA Real Estate College Admissions Test (which you can book online)
2. No waiting required – part 2. You may start the first course in the program – Real Estate as a Professional Career – upon meeting the admission requirements and enrolling in either the correspondence or e-learning method of delivery. Some wait times may apply for classroom delivery but these are usually minimum since sessions are scheduled monthly.
3. Unlimited income potential. Income will depend on many factors – the number of transactions you close and the brokerage’s compensation plan. Compensation plans will vary depending on the brokerage. For example, some brokerages pay a high percentage of the total commission but the salesperson must pay monthly fees to the brokerage regardless of whether commissions are earned.
4. Variety is the spice of life – part 1. REALTORS® do perform “typical” tasks, such as prospecting for clients, listing and showing properties, and writing offers. But, no two days are alike, such as no real estate transaction is alike. You will meet and interact with a variety of people with different wants and needs and at times other than the typical nine-to-five.
5. Variety is the spice of life – part 2. The first image of a real estate professional is of someone selling a house, which is like saying Bobby Flay is just a cook. Real estate offers many career options so you can match your career in real estate with your personal preferences, interests, individuality, and income expectations.
Selling options: residential resale, new home sales, condo sales, rural and agricultural sales, recreational sales, commercial sales and leasing
Non-selling options: property management, property appraisal, mortgage financing (N.B. – non-selling options may require additional education)
6. Hit the ground running. OREA Real Estate College is a registered private career college under the Private Career College Act, 2005. Private career colleges offer career-specific training, shorter program durations, hands-on learning, and small class sizes. In addition, private career colleges have their programs approved by the Superintendent of Private Career Colleges Branch of the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Upon graduation, students of OREA Real Estate College will have the requisite knowledge and skills to practise in the profession.
For more information about real estate as a profession and OREA Real Estate College – http://bit.ly/1uayeT
Leave a Reply