The following statement is worth repeating – when selling your home, it is best to hire a REALTOR®. Selling your own home is complex and time-consuming. It can also be emotional.
Hire a REALTOR® and secure the following advantages:
1. REALTORS® can determine what a property is worth because they have access to the MLS® System and comparables.
2. REALTORS® have the knowledge and experience to market and stage the property, negotiate successfully, and close a deal.
3. REALTORS’® marketing and exposure may yield multiple offers.
4. REALTORS® do the paperwork and ensure it is completed properly.
5. REALTORS® help protect the privacy and security of the sellers.
6. REALTORS® qualify buyers before showing the property. That is, REALTORS® ensure people viewing a property can afford to purchase it.
7. REALTORS® can remain objective and are able to deal with facts when marketing a property.
8. REALTORS® can provide objective feedback about why a property is not selling and make recommendations based on experience.
9. REALTORS® are experts in the field, having completed an extensive course of study.
10. REALTORS® are governed by the Real Estate Council of Ontario, and must adhere to provincial laws, which include a Code of Ethics.
SHARE a reason, which we’ll add to this list.
REALTOR® is a registered trademark of the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). Only salespersons and brokers who are members of CREA, OREA, and the local real estate board, can use the term REALTOR®.