In real estate, there is no such thing as a typical day, but there are some typical activities real estate professionals perform on a daily and/or weekly basis, such as prospecting for new clients, doing listing presentations for potential seller clients, and showing homes to potential home buyers.
If any of the above activities interest you, consider a career in real estate. How to start? Review the OREA Real Estate College Student Handbook, a one-stop guide that provides a snapshot of the profession.
The newly published 2014 edition has been updated and enhanced. A new section, entitled Useful Information, includes the following: Things You Should Know (replacing College Program Standards), revised Examinations Policy and Procedures, Examination Challenge Program, revised Accommodations Policy, College Instructor Standards, and Directory of Instructors, with photos and brief biographies of College instructors.
What is highlighted in the new section?
• The type of information that will be featured in your My Portfolio account (e.g., marks, tax receipts).
• What to do should you miss an exam due to health reasons.
• What to do should you not be able to complete the Pre-registration Segment of the Salesperson Registration Education Program within the allotted 18 months due to health reasons.
The Student Handbook also includes:
• learning options (i.e., classroom, correspondence, e-Learning)
• enrolment information
• detailed course descriptions
• varied professional choices within the profession (e.g., residential, commercial, rural/agricultural, property management)
• personal skills required
So, if you answer ‘yes’ to all of the following questions…
• I enjoy working with people, and have the ability to gain their trust and respect
• I am self-motivated, and enjoy working independently to get the job done
• I am well organized
• I am able to speak and write English with reasonable fluency
• I have a basic grounding in math fundamentals (including multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, and percentages)
• I have a basic understanding of computer hardware and software
…consider a career in real estate.
To view or download a copy of the handbook: http://bit.ly/1ewy5Nj
Leave a Reply