There is a lot of competition in real estate. The question during the building brand equity session at Inman Connect is: how do you set yourself apart through branding?
Let’s start with describing your brand as your core DNA. It’s the core and essence of who you are. So branding is how you tell your DNA story.
Before you start doing rational tactical things like leveraging social media, building your website, etc. Start by defining yourself. What, How, and Why are you the way you are? Why do people connect to you?
Set your core values and create your business as who you are.
“Find your own path, find your own way” – Marc Davison, 1000Watt
- Be Yourself.
- Identify your personal characteristics that define you as a professional.
- Ask 10 people you know and trust and ask them to describe you. They can give you 2/3 sentences to describe you and that should be the core of your brand.
- Think of the following question: Why would someone go to you instead of someone else?
- Remember, your personal brand is built into the local level.
- Be true to who you are as a company.
- How are you creating an emotional connection with people?
- What’s your voice? Be consistent.